LetsGetChecked in Medipharm
LetsGetChecked is a convenient and confidential personal health testing service. The service is now available in Medipharm.
Medipharm have 3 locations in Dublin all of which currently offer the LetsGetChecked range of sexual health tests as well as the Ovarian Reserve Fertility test.
Visiting your local Medipharm to pick up your personal health test removes the necessity of visiting the doctor and allows you to take your test from the comfort of your own home.
Each LetsGetChecked personal health test is anonymised and treated with the same high standards and confidential testing practices as tests provided at a sexual health clinic or GP.
Sexual Health Testing in Medipharm
Some Symptoms of STIs:
- Unusual discharge from the penis, vagina or anus.
- Pain during sex or urination.
- Sores, blisters, ulcers, warts or rashes in the genital area.
- Itchiness or irritation in the genital area.
- However, up to 80% of STIs display no symptoms. Therefore regular sexual health testing is important for anybody who is sexually active, regardless of age, sexuality or relationship status.
Medipharm offer three varieties of the LetsGetChecked service that allow you to get checked for up to 12 sexually transmitted infections.
- Simple 2: Tests for the two most common sexually transmitted infections. (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea)
- Standard 6: Tests for the six most common STIs as screened for in sexual health clinics.
- Complete 12: This option tests for a wide range of STIs including those not covered by standard clinic tests.
LetsGetChecked sexual health tests require either a urine sample or a urine and blood sample.
Ovarian Reserve Fertility Test
Medipharm also provide the LetsGetChecked Ovarian Reserve fertility test. This test measures the level of AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) in your blood. In simple terms, this gives a good indication of the number of eggs you have left. This can provide important information about your fertility potential, both for the present and the future.
This fertility test requires a small blood sample that you can take from the convenience of your own home. Fertility testing facilitates the accurate monitoring of a woman’s reproductive status over time.
Take your samples from the comfort of home and return them directly to our accredited laboratory by prepaid post. The customer receives their results online within 2-3 days.
In the event your results are positive or outside the normal range, our expert nursing support team will guide you through your personalised treatment program.
Written by Matthew Hennessy